Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Knight's Tale

Well, a few weeks ago, Jory fell in love with the story of King Arthur. Ever since then he's been pulling swords out of stones and proclaiming himself King Jory. Well, I've been in search of some other movies to go along with that genre, and now I've finally found a couple.

A Knight's Tale: No Jory hasn't connected Heath Ledger to the Joker as I was afraid he might. He tends to do that sort of thing quite well. He loves it. I have a rough time with the music incongruities, but the show's not bad. Jory now gallups around pretending he's on a horse much of the time and proclaiming himself Sir Jory Jackson. He loves the jousting though he worries about the Knights. He loves the sword fighting of course. He just loves the whole medieval world.

Which means, we are also currently in the midst of Jory wandering around proclaiming himself Dartagnan of Three Musketeers' fame. He says he's Dartagnan and notes that he's going to be a Musketeer at the end too. He plays and pretends large portions of the movies, and after seeing this show only most of one time, he was sitting on the potty talking to me, then his head cocks, and he gets a thoughtful look on his face, then notes, "He just got squashed." Sure enough, I went into the other room and it was just after they'd squashed a guy in the prison. I should be getting used to this kind of stuff by now as he's always doing it.

This also means I'm planning to bring The Princess Bride back upstairs. He loved it about 10 months ago for a month or so but hasn't seen it since then. I think with his new knight, sword, musketeer obsession that it would fit right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment