Monday, February 16, 2009

Web of Lies


Jory hurt his finger and reached out telling me to kiss it better. I kiss it.
Jory: I hurt my finger when the mokey bit it at the end of the pool.
Me: In the pool?
Jory: The monkey bit it in the pool in San Diego. But my finger's getting better.
Me: I'm sure glad your finger's getting better, or I'd have had to beat up that monkey.
Jory: The monkey's not here. He's in the water in San Diego.

(Jory has never been to San Diego. Nor has he ever been bitten by a monkey to my knowledge, but he knows how to keep up a lie).

Several minutes later we walk into the kitchen and Jory shows Grandma his injured finger.

Grandma: What happened to your finger?
Jory: The monkey bit it.
Grandma: Where were you when he bit you?
Jory: I was in San Diego at the zoo in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment